dm 800 clone ko wifi se connect karnay ke liye zaroori info

Previous topicNext topic
nice26
Senior Registered Member
Senior Registered Member

dm 800 clone ko wifi se connect karnay ke liye zaroori info

Post by nice26 »

this is copy paste
Finally, I solved the problem and hope by sharing my story I can help someone...I am new to forums to be honest and cant be bothered to figure out how to send myself email notifications if some one wants further help but will try to keep an eye on this post...
With newer DM800 images, whether they are Gemini or Enigma or others, the kernel modules (including the WLAN USB interface) are enabled by default. In other words, you no longer need to manually go to kernel modules and enable WLAN. In fact, in most of the newer images, you will not find the option in the setting menu. Therefore, with newer images, such as Gemini 5 and equivalent images, it should be as simple as plugging in the WLAN USB stick and rebooting the dreambox. After you reboot, you should go to network settings and find an option to enable WLAN.
The problem I had is that I used the latest "Linksys WUSB54GC" stick in the market (Revision 3). It is black in color and noticeably smaller than the older revisions of "Linksys WUSB54GC" which were bulkier and taller. Last week, I was in a computer store and fortunately I found the older bulkier model. It had a sticker on it that confirmed that the manufacturing date was 2008. I went home and tried the older version of "Linksys WUSB54GC" and it worked!
In conclusion, the latest versions of the WLAN sticks dont use the RTL73 chipset any more. Therefore, you need to find one that is manufacatured around 2008-2009. If you have a relatively new image in your dm800, such Gemini 5 and eqeuivalent, and you plug the WLAN stick, reboot, and the dream box doesnt recognize it, dont waste more time! Look for an older revision of the same part number. I have also tried with the latest revision of "TP-Link TL-WN321G" and it didnt work so now you know about two models in the list that will not work if you buy the latest revision. Finally, I have a clone DM800 and it works with the correct WLAN stick so dont worry or question yourself if your dm800 is a clone. It is not the root cause of the problem.
Here is a list of compatible USB sticks:
List of usb-adapters based on chipset Ralink RT73
Alfa AWUS036s
AftertheMac G54SL (Rebadged CNet dongle)
Asus WL-167G v.2
Belkin F5D7050 v3000uk
Belkin F5D7050 v3001 & v3002
Belkin F5D9050 ver 4000uk \
Buffalo WLI-U2-G54HP
Conceptronic C54RU
D-Link DWL-G122 Rev. C1 (F/W.:v3.00)
D-Link DWL-G122 Rev. C1 (F/W.:v3.10)
D-Link WUA-1340
Edimax EW-7318USg
Engenius EUB-3701 EXT
Hama 00062764