aziz5210 wrote:Flashing dreambox 500s-
First get dreamup
Make sure to switch off and unplug your dreambox from the mains before connecting or disconnecting any cables, Null Modem, LNB, LAN, scart lead etc, otherwise this may cause internal damage to the box.
1. Unplug your dreambox from the mains.
2. Disconnect all cables except the Power Cable & a Null Modem Cable connected between your Eagle and PC com port.
3. On your PC install and start DreamUp
4. Select your correct PC Serial Port.
5. Untick “Use Network”
6. Click Connect.
7. When you see the on screen message “Connection Prepared, now switch on the dreambox!” now plug in your dreambox.
8. Click Flash and navigate to the image file on your PC.
9. After installation is complete, exit DreamUp.
10. Unplug your dreambox from the mains and wait at least 1 min.
11. Disconnect Null Modem Cable, Connect LNB, LAN & Scart Cable.
12. Plug in your dreambox and wait for it to boot into setup mode.
13. Perform Setup and scan satellites.
14. Save all new settings by rebooting the receiver. (Menu\Shutdown\Reboot Now)
@Aziz my box stuck on language selection and after selecting English it restarts again..
now i cant flash it with flashwizard too..
i need image which could be flashed with dreamup..
there are different images on different sites and have different extensions like .img and fw2
its confusing for me to select one please elaborate little further to solve my problem..