Galaxy S8 Design Revealed In First Leaked Image?

kusakhan
Registered Member
Registered Member

Galaxy S8 Design Revealed In First Leaked Image?

Post by kusakhan »

If 2016 was a disaster for Samsung then 2017 is already looking pretty great. And if this image of the Galaxy S8 is on the money then, with its global release date now known, the year is about to get even better...

Briefly appearing on Weibo (regularly the leakers’ platform of choice) was the following Galaxy S8 image:

[attachment=0]Screenshot-2017-01-09-at-01.31.30-1200x799.jpg[/attachment]

The key takeaways here are a design language which fits in with the existing Galaxy S7 Edge (and Galaxy S6 Edge+ before it) and also the consistent leaks I’ve heard so far: significantly slimmer top and bottom bezels and no home button (because the fingerprint sensor is built into the glass).

What the image doesn’t give us, however, is a sense of scale and this is frustrating given Samsung is expected to use the smaller bezels not to reduce the physical size of its smartphones but to give them much larger screens.

How large? Allegedly the 5.1-inch and 5.5-inch displays of the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge and be replaced with 5.7-inches and 6.2-inch displays in the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Edge. Personally I think this is a step too far and I’d prefer the phones to keep the existing screens and be more compact.
Screenshot-2017-01-09-at-01.31.30-1200x799.jpg