Bent: Jol the right man for Fulham

miri-01
Gold Contributor
Gold Contributor

Bent: Jol the right man for Fulham

Post by miri-01 »

Darren Bent is fully behind Martin Jol and is backing him to remain as Fulham manager for years to come.
Related ContentFootball Transfer CentreThe latest football newsFollow us on TwitterFree £10 bet on football
Having failed to win since the opening day of the Premier League season, dissenting voices were growing among the Craven Cottage faithful.

Player ProfileDarren Bent39. Darren Bent
Appearances4 (2)
Goals2
Assists0
Yellows0
Reds0*Current Season
'Jol out' was heard after recent home matches against West Brom and Cardiff, with speculation rife that his time at Fulham could be coming to an end.

Premier League
15 Swansea 7
16 Stoke City 7
17 Fulham 7
18 Norwich 7
19 C Palace 3
20 Sunderland 1last updated 06/10 18:32
However, Saturday's hard-fought, gritty and somewhat fortunate 1-0 win at home to Stoke has gone some way to alleviating the pressure.

There is clearly still work to do but goalscorer Bent, brought in on a season-long loan from Aston Villa, believes Jol is the best man for the job.

"In this league you are always under pressure," the striker said.

"As soon as a couple of results go against you, you are immediately under pressure because it is a results league.

"It is probably the best league in the world and is probably the most difficult to get points. For us to get three points with the situation that we are in is massive.

"All the players are behind him. He is the right man for the job and I am sure he will be around for many years to come.

"You can only turn that faith with results, we managed to get him three points. Now we have got a two-week gap and then another massive game against Palace."

The three points propelled Fulham out of the relegation zone, allowing them to head into the international break with a positive platform on which to build.

"I would like to think [we can go on a run]," Bent said.

"Personally, it is about getting match sharpness back and fitness back, it is coming.

"I am not too far away. A couple more games and I think I will be there.

"The main thing, as a club, is that we try and get some consistency and rhythm. In this league, the more points you rack up, the better it is."

Fulham face trips to Crystal Palace and Southampton after the international break, before owner Shahid Khan's NFL franchise Jacksonville Jaguars play at Wembley.

The billionaire is likely to be in the country for both matches and Jol is looking forward to seeing him.

"I have great plans for the club and if I can do that, fine," the Dutchman said.

"And it's fine for them as well because I think when I came here they were quite happy and lucky to get me. I was used to good clubs and I want to make Fulham a good club.

"So I will listen to them. I don't know what their intentions are but if they want to work with me, then I'm fine."