Strange Issue - No signals for any channel (Dish TV)

saadhasan
Registered Member
Registered Member

Strange Issue - No signals for any channel (Dish TV)

Post by saadhasan »

Hi everyone,

I seek your help with a strange issue I have encountered this past week. My satellite dish has stopped picking signals all of a sudden. It is a 6 ft - Shabbir B class dish with a KU Bank LNB and has been aligned to catch NSS6 (95 East). I only watch TV on the weekends to catch up on football action and last week it was working just fine, however, this weekend I was just getting a 'No or Weak signal' message for all dish Tv channels.. Even the FTA channels would not work.

The receiver I am using is starsat hyper 2000d and it is working fine other wise. My TV has a built in FTA satellite reciever and I tried to tune the channels using that as well but to no avail.

I have checked all connections and the direction of the satellite and nothing seems to be wrong. I wanted to check you great folks at this forum before I call up my dish setter. Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated.

Best,
Always stay humble and thankful for what you have.
Dr.Timor

Re: Strange Issue - No signals for any channel (Dish TV)

Post by Dr.Timor »

saadhasan wrote:Hi everyone,

I seek your help with a strange issue I have encountered this past week. My satellite dish has stopped picking signals all of a sudden. It is a 6 ft - Shabbir B class dish with a KU Bank LNB and has been aligned to catch NSS6 (95 East). I only watch TV on the weekends to catch up on football action and last week it was working just fine, however, this weekend I was just getting a 'No or Weak signal' message for all dish Tv channels.. Even the FTA channels would not work.

The receiver I am using is starsat hyper 2000d and it is working fine other wise. My TV has a built in FTA satellite reciever and I tried to tune the channels using that as well but to no avail.

I have checked all connections and the direction of the satellite and nothing seems to be wrong. I wanted to check you great folks at this forum before I call up my dish setter. Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated.

Best,
The Good Idea Call your Dish Setter :thumb:
Openbox AS4K+
China 62inch Smart UHD TV Full 4K
5ft Motorized Dish Recovering from 1*West up to 108*East
iPhone 12 Pro Max
Samsung Galaxy A30
WhatsApp +93795023522
saad
Senior Registered Member
Senior Registered Member

Post by saad »

lnb ko change kar loo
Leo5314
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Leo5314 »

Best,
you are not alone man...i too had same issue after symbol rate change from dish tv
you need to slightly realign lnb position and you will get better reception
1 more thing is signal strength is reduced on all TPs
The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it
Masood
Vip
Vip

Post by Masood »

timory wrote:The Good Idea Call your Dish Setter
I don't recommend this idea.
mostly it happens when antenna alignment is disturbed ,,in other case LNB may get faulty but in very rare cases. :prescription:
Zaib5314 wrote:i too had same issue after symbol rate change from dish tv
insert accurate S/R .
DM 900 UltraHD
800HDse SIM2.10
OpenBox AS4K CI Pro
kami2k
Gold Contributor
Gold Contributor

Post by kami2k »

check cables connections, due to wear and tear and weather conditions
.....(¯`v´¯)
..... ·.¸.·´
...¸.·´
.. (
☻/
/▌
/ \ Spread LOVE and PEACE . Press "Thanks" ♥

Intel 8700K |CM |GIGABYTE Z370|G.SKILL Ripjaws 16GB |SSD 256GB,8TB|Gigabyte GTX 1050 2GB|CM 750W|46" Samsung|VU+ SOLO2:UNO
saadhasan
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by saadhasan »

kami2k wrote:check cables connections, due to wear and tear and weather conditions
Its a pretty new set up.. lol, so i doubt that is the issue. Still checked all connections and they seemed to be alright, even reset my receiver to default factory settings. But thanks for the input!
saadhasan
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by saadhasan »

Masood wrote:
timory wrote:The Good Idea Call your Dish Setter
I don't recommend this idea.
mostly it happens when antenna alignment is disturbed ,,in other case LNB may get faulty but in very rare cases. :prescription:
Zaib5314 wrote:i too had same issue after symbol rate change from dish tv
insert accurate S/R .
The alignment over all appears unchanged but the LNB itself could have been tweaked if somebody tripped over the cable :D but the chances of that happening are rare as well. I havent turned on the TV in two days, i will check either today or tomorrow if somehow by some miracle my channels are back lol
saadhasan
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by saadhasan »

Zaib5314 wrote:

Best,
you are not alone man...i too had same issue after symbol rate change from dish tv
you need to slightly realign lnb position and you will get better reception
1 more thing is signal strength is reduced on all TPs
Yeah, I never thought getting a simple dishtv broadcast would be this difficult hahah.. When dish tv changed symbol rate, I could still get FTA channels and even some paid ones. I started a different topic seeking help on that particular issue and was quickly given the changed SRs by the forum members. Even with the new SR, I had a pretty good signal. Now, however, even the FTA channels do not show up. I will try to re-align the lnb and add all TPs again and share the results with you.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic