VU+ zero 4K

ashiqnaveed12
Senior Registered Member
Senior Registered Member

VU+ zero 4K

Post by ashiqnaveed12 »

Ultra HD:

The Zero 4K will output tv pictures at many different resolutions, so you do not need to have an Ultra HD tv to use this receiver, in-fact viewing 4K UHD channels on a 1080p tv makes you wonder if you even need a 4K tv as the picture is bright and clear even when downscaled.

However if you do have a 4K tv then you can set the Zero 4K to output at 2160p and this will do all the upscaling for you, obviously SD content does not look as good as HD and UHD, but it doesn’t do a bad job of the upscaling (probably a lot better than some of the cheaper 4K tv’s can manage on their own).

My TV is a 2015 model and therefore it does not support HLG. Due to this I do not get as sharp or clear a picture as I do in 1080p mode. I believe this issue will be resolved with a driver update, there was a similar issue with my TV when the Solo 4K was released. In 1080p mode, the picture is as sharp and clear as on any of the other Vu+ 4K receivers.

If you have some HDR content on your NAS drive it will also play that back too.

DVB-S2X Multistream Tuner:

The Zero 4K comes with single DVB-S2X tuner which also supports Multistream. This is the only box currently from Vu+ that supports DVB-S2X or Multistream (aka MIS). I am not going to go into what this means here, but I can assure you that it is working just fine. There is (at the time of writing this review) as bug in the displayed signal level from the DVB-S2X tuner, which seems to add approx. 35% signal to level displayed. This means on a transponder that you would usually see around 70% signal, will show as 100%, and therefore a lower signal level that is usually around 35% will show as 70% signal. This is just a cosmetic issue, that I’m sure will be resolved soon, with a driver update.
BE SMILE
Premium 12800 4k
Star Track 2020+
PTCL Smart Tv
Motorize Shabbir 8' feet