Muhammad Qaiser
Administrators
Administrators

Death of the Satellite Dish: Sky confirms end of an era is coming

Post by Muhammad Qaiser »

NEWS

Death of the Satellite Dish: Sky confirms end of an era is coming
1.jpg
Sky has plans to make all of its TV content and channels available online, potentially signalling the end of the iconic satellite dish.

In its latest financial report, the TV firm said it will launch a service that offers subscribers the option to stream and download shows from all its channels and on-demand content services, all without a dish.

“This is a major development for Sky that will open up headroom in existing markets, improve our cost to serve for some customer segments, and offer a future way to take Sky into new markets,” said Sky, noting customers in Australia, Italy and UK will get the online service first.

These new markets could see Sky bump heads with the likes of Netflix and Amazon Prime Video. That being said, Sky already has its toes in the streaming world, since it owns Now TV.

The move has been on the cards since early 2017, when Sky noted its Sky Q service was to go dish-free in 2018.
:)

M. Qaiser
VU + Solo 4K
Tiger T 800+ Full HD

Online - when I'm there
Offline - when I'm not there :)
ali03000345
Senior Registered Member
Senior Registered Member

Re: Death of the Satellite Dish: Sky confirms end of an era is coming

Post by ali03000345 »

ye sab pehle se ho rha hai IPTV aur DVB-T k through
Mohsin.m17
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: Death of the Satellite Dish: Sky confirms end of an era is coming

Post by Mohsin.m17 »

Hum pakistan abi dth ki dunya me gaye hi nahi ke west dth ko chor k ab online streaming py ja rha hai. Sach kehtay hain hum west se 25-30 saal peechy hain
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic